Personalities in the Office
If you’ve ever watched The Office then you may be able to identify with some of the characters. You have probably been watching and comparing the actors to people you work with. Like family, we can’t choose who we work with (most of the time) and often have to navigate a tricky world of cliques and office politics. So who are the personalities that we are most likely to come across during our careers?
- The Talker – this is the person who will always corner you in the break room or on the way to the toilet and who actually believes that when you say ‘How’s things?’, you really want to know everything they’ve done for the last week. They will discuss everything from pay, hours, home life and even the temperature of the office. If they moan to much about the heat you could tell them where to go. Companies such as acecc.co.uk/ who provide an Air conditioning Gloucester service for businesses will know exactly what to do.
- The Whinger – as above but with the added ingredients of self-pity and negativity. Particularly difficult to get away from without getting dragged down too. Make sure you have an urgent job to do and better get back to your desk to get on with it.The Micromanager – a very difficult boss to deal with and one who is continually overseeing and controlling every task they set you.
- The Leaver – an awkward situation depending on the circumstances of their departure. You don’t want to be seen as too close to them but also can’t shut them out completely. Be kind, but you still work for the company so put yourself first.
- The Bad One – always joking and breaking the rules but everyone loves them. They seem to get away with murder and act like they haven’t a care in the world. By all means, laugh along and be their mate but don’t get too close.
- The Connected – there will always be someone who only has the job because Mum or Dad or Uncle Bob work there too. They might be hopeless but there’s not much to be done about it so let’s just hope that their ineptitude soon becomes apparent to all.
- The Gossip – fun to be with but beware as if they are telling you about Sarah, then they are telling Sarah about you! Not a quality that you want to be linked with. Be on good terms but don’t reveal anything that you wouldn’t shout from the rooftops.
- The Fast Tracker – rising through the ranks far quicker than you are and doesn’t have time for the likes of you. A future boss perhaps so let them rise and they might become a useful contact in the future but don’t be fooled, they are not your buddy.
Leave a Reply