Benefits of Natural Light
Natural light is very important for our health and well-being, and we all have to find a way to increase the level of natural light in homes and workplaces. Why is this important? There are many health benefits to increasing our level of natural light and here are some of them:
- Lowers the amount of harmful bacteria produced and behaves like a natural disinfectant.
- Increasing levels of the beneficial D & B vitamins
- Recognized healing properties
- Natural light helps skin keep a healthy colour
- A moderate amount of UV rays act as natural antiseptics
- Sunlight improves digestion and stimulates appetite
- Improves the function of the circulatory system
- Increases the production of red blood cells and white blood cells
- Boosts the immune system
- Increases the release of happy hormones such as endorphins and serotonin
- Getting more natural light during the day helps people sleep better at night
- Balances the body’s hormones
- Provides a natural energy boost
Sustainability – Using natural daylight reduces the use of fossil fuels burned to create electricity. This is a big advantage for the environment. By making the right decisions to improve the level of light in our homes and offices, we can be content, healthy and live a more sustainable life. One way to do this is to install energy-efficient Bifold doors. Find out more about Bifold doors at the Bifold Shop.
Safe – Natural light is better for our eyes and gives a clearer light. Large amounts of natural light flowing into the house will prevent eye strain, meaning it’s easier to read and prevents accidents from occurring.
Leave a Reply