Top 11 Foods Rich in Calcium
Calcium is a mineral with great benefits for the body that go beyond the health of our bones, therefore, should not miss in our daily diet in which we need about 1000 mg. A variety of sources of this mineral, although today we show the top 11 foods rich in calcium.
To avoid missing this mineral in your diet, you can go to any of the following foods with a high proportion of calcium and very easy to use at our table or in the kitchen:
- Dried dill weed: This dehydrated herb that can be used to flavor variety of dishes like soups or creams, sauces for pasta or more fish, provides 1700 mg of calcium per 100 grams, so even a small teaspoon contributes to add this nutrient to the diet.
- Dry Oregano: is one of the most widely used herbs in my house, aromatic and with more than 1500 mg of calcium per 100 grams. We can append those to sauces, stews, stir – fries, salads, breads or just some fresh tomatoes to give a special flavor and aroma thereof.
- Poppy seeds: contain little more than 1400 mg of calcium per 100 grams, so with a couple of tablespoons can exceed 30% of the daily quota of this mineral. These seeds like others, can adicionarlas to a smoothie, a salad, or, to muffins, pancakes or other preparations such as a stuffed eggplant.
- Fennel seeds : another seed with high concentrations of calcium that provides 1300 mg per 100 grams and can be used in breads, cookies, cakes or in muffins , sauces, salads or other dishes.
- Sesame seeds : These seeds can be added to biscuits , stir – fries , salads , breads and a variety of preparations more, containing 975 mg of calcium per 100 grams, so with 30 grams of them we cover almost a third of the needs Of the mineral.
- Cheese : although there are a variety of cheeses and some have more calcium and other less , on average cheeses provide 800 mg of calcium per 100 grams and of course, we can use them in different dishes, from sauces to casseroles , pastas, fillings, breads and much more.
- Dried wakame seaweed : for every 100 grams, the alga provides 660 mg of calcium . This ingredient can use it in soups , or in smoothies or as we would do with spirulina .
- Chia seeds : a seed with great thickening power that allows its use in flour replacement in desserts for example, but we can also add to smoothies or breads to add 650 mg of calcium per 100 grams with its use.
- Tahini : This tahini provides 430 mg of calcium per 100 grams and with it we can draw from cookies , to salad dressings or classic hummus which is a good appetizer.
- Nori dried : We can add this ingredient to stuffed pies or cakes, to pancakes or burgers, or can develop them into a salad fresh and nutritious. This food provides 430 mg of calcium per 100 grams.
- Sardine oil : Fish can also add calcium and in this case, provide 340 mg of the mineral per 100g. We can use sardines in oil for sauces , salads, sandwiches or to fill rolls of phyllo.
These are the 11 foods with more calcium you can add to your diet if you want to take care of the intake of this important mineral for the proper functioning of the whole body.