Meet the fruits and vegetables with fewer calories
All fruits and vegetables are light and nutritious foods that should not be missing in our daily diet if we want to take care of our health, but if you are looking for a hypocaloric and high-volume diet that will help you lose weight, you will be interested to know the specimens with fewer calories.
Vegetables with fewer calories
The leafy vegetables and some others are generally the poorest in calories because, simultaneously they are the ones with the highest aqueous content and this makes them ideal ingredients to lose weight , since they occupy a lot of space on our plate without offering almost energy.
The vegetables with fewer calories are:
- Cucumber : it is very rich in water, which is why it represents one of the most hydrating and low-calorie vegetable ingredients. Specifically offers 13 Kcal per 100 grams and can add it to salads, creams and cold soups, sandwiches, sandwiches and many other dishes without offering more than water to them.
- Escarole : with little more than 17 Kcal per 100 grams but with a lot of fiber as well as carotene and potassium, this green leaf can be added to a variety of salads and used as a “mattress” for other dishes if you are looking to increase the size of the portions or the volume of a preparation without adding almost calories to it.
- Lettuce : like all green leaves, lettuces are very low in calories. In this case we will get only 19 Kcal per 100 grams but with its incorporation into our dishes we can increase the volume of them considerably to facilitate satiety of the organism.
- Celery : it contains a lot of fiber and potassium, as well as it is an ingredient of high water content that will help satiate us with few calories, since it only contributes 19.2 Kcal per 100 grams to the organism. We can use it to peck, to add to salads or, to incorporate to soups or creams, stews, sautéed, sauces and many other preparations.
- Peppers : with a little less than 20 Kcal per 100 grams the peppers are a good alternative to add color and texture to the dishes given their richness in fiber as well as their high content of carotenes and vitamin C with antioxidant function.
- Spinach : an option that only contains 20.7 Kcal per 100 grams and offers carotene, vitamin A, potassium, calcium and vitamin C to care for the body and help us to be in shape. In addition, it also has a lot of water and fiber to help calm the appetite with fewer calories.
- Tomato : rich in lycopene, an antioxidant compound with great cosmetic effects, the tomato offers only 22 Kcal per 100 grams and we can add it to a variety of dishes to nourish the body inside and out without almost calories.
These are the vegetables with fewer calories that you can add to your dishes if you are looking to lose weight by using satisfying ingredients, with good nutrients and great volume for your dishes.
Fruits with fewer calories
The fruit , unlike vegetables, have greater amount of natural sugars in its composition so generally have more calories. However, there are very light specimens like the ones shown below:
- Lemon : it is an excellent source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and carotenes and only contributes 27 Kcal per 100 grams. We can use the same to add to a salad, to make smoothies or moisturizing juices or, as a condiment of different dishes.
- Watermelon : with high water content and therefore very satiating, this fruit rich in carotenes and vitamin A offers only 28 Kcal per 100 grams and is an ideal option to calm the cravings for sweets on a hot day.
- Strawberries and strawberries : seasonal ingredients that contain large amounts of vitamin C and fiber, are also source of polyphenols with antioxidant effect and therefore can help us to be in shape adding only 32 Kcal per 100 grams to the dishes.
- Grapefruit : only provides 32 Kcal per 100 grams and is one of the fruits with more fiber that we can add to our dishes to satisfy with very few calories. It is ideal for hot days, as a dessert, healthy snack or, to consume as part of different preparations.
- Melon : the melon is an option rich in carotenes but above all, a great source of water and potassium to hydrate the body. We can add it to salads, smoothies, juices, creams and cold soups or other dishes, as it only provides 34 Kcal per 100 grams.
These are the fruits with fewer calories that you can choose if you are looking for the lightest options to add to your table in order to lose weight with good nutrients and without going hungry.
Remember that fruits, vegetables are the wild card of any diet that seeks to take care of health, beautify and help us to be in shape, so, do not let them be missing at your table!
Leave a Reply