Some advantages that the squat in box can offer compared to the conventional
If there is a goal in every gym room, in addition to wearing a good sixpack and a breast provided, it is undoubtedly to achieve a leg volume according to our expectations. One of the most recommended exercises included in any routine is undoubtedly the squat.
Normally, we usually resort to the classic squats, whether in the form of squat búlagara, isometric, sumo, etc … but rarely we usually opt for the drawer version. Today we tell you some advantages that the squats can offer you compared to the conventional one.
Although the box squat (BoxSquat) has been practiced for quite some time and included in a large number of training routines, the fact is that, despite the extra advantages it can offer, it is an exercise modality that is not as widespread as others. squat types.
Aspects to be taken into account in the execution
The execution mode of the squat in the drawer is basically similar to the way we perform when we proceed to do a conventional squat, being able to adapt the technique that is followed, for example, in the sumo squat or in the frontal squat.
The squat in box is the most effective method to perform a first level squat
The big difference we find with the rest of squats is that, as its name suggests, in the box squat we use a drawer or bench placed under the buttocks to allow us to sit on it with total security, simulating the parallel, while we execute the exercise.
In this way, placing the auxiliary drawer at the desired height, taking into account our individual height, we make sure to force the quadriceps with extra work until we find the support. And I repeat: until we find the support, it is essential not to drop sharply on the drawer since this movement could lead to problems. The ideal execution movement is to go down to the support and sit down completely several seconds, no more.
Something fundamental is that due to the explosive strength that we work in the rise of the exercise, especially in the first, it is recommended that the weight with which you train does not exceed 80% of the maximum in deep squat, avoiding performing more than five repetitions by series.
Advantages of the box squat on the conventional
Once we know the procedure to follow to perform the box squat, as we see very similar to the one we followed in the traditional mode but basically taking into account not to exceed the recommended weight and shorten the number of repetitions, we will see some advantages that can offer us this modality on the rest.
A safer way to do squats because we lower the weight we use
- Safety of the exercise : we get an extra job in the concentric part of the exercise while the drawer allows us an added security to break the parallel, while we push with an extra strength work in quadriceps.
- We ensure a correct execution : the drawer that we place under the buttocks and below the parallel, assures us to make a complete and optimal descent to the height where we are going to sit. In this way we will avoid typical “half-way down” mistakes that we usually make when gaining weight in the conventional squat.
For this reason, it is very common to achieve acquiring a correct technique in this exercise in much shorter time than the conventional squat would require.
- Less weight for more intensity : the box squat, although a priori we can think that when performing it with less weight it is “weaker”, contrary it grants an extra intensity to the exercise. In fact, this correctly performed modality can take your training to a higher level with really hard and intense work.
- We prevent certain injuries : in the conventional squat, the excess of weight can cause injuries or fatigue in the back and lumbar due to the excess weight with which we work. In the box squat, when reducing weight, we minimize this type of ailments.
The same happens if we suffer from other types of pathologies , for example, I am worthy of knees, since sitting on the drawer will release the tension accumulated in them, recruiting the work in large muscles such as gluteal and femoral muscles.
- Recovery time : the squat in box is an excellent way to work power in hip and lower back thanks to its takeoff, but also, if there is a reason why it is increasingly used to this type of exercise is for recovery , much faster than the conventional squat, which allows you to enter more often.
Despite this advantage, it is recommended that if you start doing this exercise for the first time, you start doing it once a week.